Thursday, May 27, 2010

I stole this post

I stole this from my friend Blake's blog. Don't bother visiting that, he posts less than I do. What he wrote the one time that he posted was real though, and I feel the same way.
Here ya go

Here's what I want to do with my life:
I want to be in the ministry, not in the pretentious way that we all see but a real way. A way that involves community, and an understanding of who Jesus really was, and what he wanted us to do with our lives.

I want to teach/learn about the way Jesus wanted us to live; not the "christian" way that we see today. The way with love, where we attempt to love each other the way God loves us, with forgiveness, and the want to further each others love and relationship.

Who I am:
A critical, judging human who only has any hope because a man named Jesus gave his life for me. I'm a man who tries more and more to live my life with love, compassion, and un selfishness. I'm also a man who sees more and more at how I fail with this.

I want to be a part of something greater than myself, a part of something that I know God has intended for me. Affecting everyday relationships, and learning myself what it is to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment