Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cynicism

I know that I am cynical mainly of large organizations, a church or government for example, when I feel they have lost the original vision that they set out to accomplish, or use certain mission statements to draw in believers/followers/voters, only to have some sort of twist so they don’t actually do/deliver what they seem to promise.

After self examination, I usually see that the reason I am so harsh towards the organizations, is to bring the attention off of my lack of follow through with my own visions and goals.

I know that cynicism is not the answer, but I normally don’t see myself doing it until I have already committed the crime. I have a wife and strong friend base that has started calling me out when they see my cynicism creeping in, and that definitely helps.

If I post something that sounds like I could be acting cynical, feel free to let me know, I am tired of being that kind of person.

LOVE
It beats hate.
And cynicism.

No comments:

Post a Comment